I thought long and hard about what a trivial endeavor the last 3 years of Dont Drink Beer has been: reviewing rare beers, making fun of people who take beer seriously, never buying a single beer off of a regular shelf.
I am so embarassed with my conduct and I wanted to take the site in a new direction: everyone should be able to enjoy tasty suds!
There’s no point in highlighting the best beers in the world when, THE BEST BEER IS THE ONE IN YOUR HAND! Sorry, I saw that on my friend’s Pintrest profile and wanted to “borrow” it LOL. But supes serial, beer should just be all about fun times and never making anyone feel bad just because they are misinformed, selfish, or attempting to pull one over on the beer community. Life is too short for bad vibes!
From now on the site will consist mostly of reviewing mixed 12 packs from Sam Adams or whatever seasonals I can find at the grocery store, and taking the reviews very seriously. I noticed that I had strayed pretty far from my BJCP adjective guidelines (why did I even take the test if I don’t use the certificate amiright!?!) so now we are getting rid of similes or any descriptions that someone who reads the Hunger Games Novels could not understand. Beer is all inclusive and beer REVIEWS should be for everyone, too!
I noticed that I had not reviewed enough red ales, ambers, or kolschs in the past and we are going to fix that asap! I am going to be compiling nothing but top 10 lists from here on out composed strictly of beers distributed everywhere in the United States. I mean, why go and just drink the beer that’s sitting on the shelf, when you can read my opinion about it first!
OK SO HERE WE GO!
Top 10 Best Brunch Beers with Your Besties:
10. Rogue Hazelnut (mmm coffee treats!)
9. Miller Fortune (fortune favors the bold (omelette!))
8. Chainbreaker White IPA (Exotic, like Yerba Matte tea)
7. Stone (the light one, not the heavy one (it’s breakfast))
6. Samuel Smith’s Oatmeal Stout (order it with oatmeal~~it’s a pair made in heaven)
5. Sam Adams Alpine Spring (OMG, perfect with scones when you’re dishing gossip.)
4. New Belgium Hoptober Ale (the hops should be mellow now and not hot, great with cronuts mmm)
3. Michelob Ultra (perfect after a spinning class or HOT BIKRAM YOGA, can you say yummmm?)
2. Shocktop Honeycrisp Apple Wheat (it’s like apple juice, try it with a belgian waffle OMG pastry heaven)
and the number one beer to have at brunch with your besties is….
1. WILD BLUE BLUEBERRY BEER! (can u say WHOA, 8% abv, it’s liek a blueberry mimosa to sip on while you get caught up on NASHVILLE or Scandal, order it with pancakes and you will be in FRUIT HEAVEN!)
I hope you guys like the new layout, we aren’t going to have pictures anymore because I feel like its bad karma to not respect copyrights, from now on it’s going to be all about the EXPERIENCE of beer. Post in the comments if you want me to review something new or PLEASE SEND ME BEERS TO REVIEW THAT WOULD BE SUPES AH-MAZE.
TTYL ❤ xoxox