Oh great. The End of History is back. That same cringeworthy tryhard plea for attention that populates every Men’s Health/Esquire magazine “MOST EXPENSIVE BEER” list has returned. Tabling that for a moment, let’s examine what Brewdog setting it’s Scottish red dot sight on Ohio means for consumers:
This is nightmarish for so many reasons:
1. Submarine Other actually delicious breweries like Jackie Os with shitty transatlantic schlock
2. Show up after the struggle is over, bring terrible black patent malt stouts to service Sharpie/Skoal palates
3. Shake the alms cup despite the fact that Ohio has plenty of awesome breweries that actually deserve your patronage without “punk equity”
4. Serving 55% white lightning distillate and calling it a blonde ale
5. Flexing the market capital to strong arm tap handles out from things like Bodhi in lieu of wince inducing Punk IPA.
I don’t need to go on, the palm cannot be separated from the face.